Foundations: Elements of Art Series
Q. HOW IS THE FOUNDATIONS OF ART COURSE SET APART FROM OTHER ART COURSES?
A. Bundle 1 of The Foundations of Art course is set apart from other art courses in these ways:
- Students learn the Biblical premise for each element of art.
- They learn the context of art within God’s creation.
- Students are given questions to reason through the Biblical framework of art.
Q. WHO IS THIS FOR?
A. This course is for Christian families who desire to have Biblical Classical art lessons that incorporate:
- A solid Biblical worldview
- A Providential worldview
- Keep Christ as the Focal Point
- Reason and relate questions to help individuals with how to think and reason Biblically in this subject
- The Distinctives of a Biblical Classical Education (see our Distinctives here).
Q. HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
A. The Foundations of Art, Bundle 1 course is over 5.5+ hours of online instruction. You will need to determine how much time to add to that for:
- Independent practice
- Filling out the notebook pages
- Individual family members as they paint along with the art-based video lessons
Q: WHAT ARE THE AGE RANGES FOR THIS COURSE?
A. Our lessons are designed with the whole family in mind. Many homeschooling families experience the joy of learning together. Our courses offer something for all ages to be able to participate in. And, just about everyone can learn something from the lessons!
Q. WHAT LESSON TOPICS ARE INCLUDED?
A. The Science and Art of Geology Bundle 1 includes the following topics:
- Space and Shape
- Line and Texture
Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE $65 (OR SALE PRICE)?
A. The Foundations of Art, Bundle 1 course includes all of the following:
- 5 weeks of video-based lessons. That said, your family is free to work at the pace that works best for you.
- 4-9 lessons a week. However, you may extend any of the lessons for as many days as you’d like to choose.
- Printable notebook pages for each Biblical Classical video-based lesson.
- Printable coloring pages that double as tracing pages (to be used with graphite paper). These may be used by younger individuals or by those who feel better having something on their watercolor paper to help guide them.
- A printable supply list (with a list of student-grade materials that Heather Hall used for the art course).
Q. WHEN WILL I GET ACCESS?
A. You will get immediate access after purchase as this is an online course.
Q. IS THERE A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?
A. The ability to download some materials of this course and have forever access during the life of this course makes this course non-refundable.
Q. DOES THE COURSE EXPIRE?
A. No, you have unlimited access to the course for your family members of your household and you can work at your own pace, as long as it’s online.
Q. APPROXIMATE COST OF SUPPLIES THAT ARE NECESSARY?
A. While a supply list is given with what Heather Hall uses in the lessons, we always recommend that you work within your own budget. You have the liberty to choose what you want to purchase and use in your home for these lessons.
Q. IS THERE AN ONLINE COMMUNITY OPTION WITH LIKE-MINDED FAMILIES?
A. Yes! We have The Artisans Online Community option for like-minded Christian families who are looking for community.
No social media here! Instead, The Artists meet via our personal online community created just for the Biblical Classical Community.
- Community: Homeschool families can post into The Artists online community to share their progress on their lessons, to encourage each other, share ideas, etc.
We strive to keep our lessons simple using materials and supplies that are good quality and good value. We will list what brand we use most of the time but it is up to you.
1. Water Color Pan Set 36 Color ( Here's what we use. But feel free to shop around)
2. White Acrylic Paint
- #16 Round
- #2 Round
- #6 Flat
- #2 Flat
4. Water Color Paper
- There are many varieties. We use Canson or Grubacher. They both work well
5. Masking Tape
6. A cup of water
7. Paper Towels
8. Graphite Paper (optional). Using a light table and/or a window are other options as well.