The world of Beatrix Potter is a charming place. Truly, these classic Beatrix Potter books are read by many fans over the years. And, learning character with Peter Rabbit and the Bible is easy and engaging. Your preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary children will engage in the lessons as they learn to practice Biblical thinking through the story plots and themes.
As you go through the lessons and discuss the stories with your children, you’ll have rich conversations to treasure for a lifetime. Plus, as you help your children keep a notebook of their studies, they’ll be precious to look back upon together. Last but not least, you’ll help instill Bible principles in your child’s heart and mind.
This literature study, based on the Peter Rabbit and Friends books by Beatrix Potter, is a selection of stories that teach morals. These lessons help to enhance the moral lessons with Biblical reasoning.
The goals of this study:
- Learn the about the influences that helped to shape Beatrix Potter’s Christian character.
- Value her family life and how God used it to grow her in her love of creation, art, and story-telling.
- Enjoy the world of Peter Rabbit and friends with a Biblical worldview lens.
- Delight in the animal-rich environment portrayed in the stories, based on her childhood experiences.
- Be inspired by the contributions of Beatrix Potter.
- Celebrate what you learned with a Peter Rabbit and Friends Day (field trip, creative project, or festive party).
The benefits of this study:
- Spend time bonding with your children in a common experience.
- Learn new details about England.
- Practice cultivating and sharpening biblical reasoning.
- Enjoy the Notebook Method.
- Instill in your children a love for God’s Principle of Individuality as seen in Beatrix Potter’s life story.