Are you concerned about the confusing messages out there that are vying for your child’s attention?
It feels like they are hit with confusing messages from all angles!
We find it concerning, too! So we have come up with a creative way to help teach a solid Biblical worldview in science and art.
Join Geologist Patrick Nurre of Northwest Treasures and Principle Approach® Master Teacher Heather Hall of Principled Academy for this unique and enjoyable course!
Q. HOW IS THE SCIENCE AND ART OF GEOLOGY SET APART FROM OTHER GEOLOGY OR ART COURSES?
A. Bundle 1 of The Science and Art of Geology is set apart from other geology lessons in these ways:
- Patrick Nurre teaches geology from a Young-Earth, Global-Flood, Biblical worldview, and guides students with Biblical reasoning.
- There are notebook pages (to go with his video lessons) which guide students with Biblical reasoning.
- Heather Hall teaches art with the Principle Approach® (Biblical worldview, Bible principles, Word Studies, Biblical reasoning, and with the Chain of Christianity®).
- Notebook pages accompany her lessons which help students to reason Biblically in this subject.
- There are individual video practice techniques before the final art project.
- All art lessons correspond with the geology topics that Patrick Nurre teaches about.
Q. WHO IS THIS FOR?
A. This course is for Christian families who desire to have Biblical-Principle Approach lessons that incorporate:
- A solid Biblical worldview
- A Providential worldview
- Keep Christ as the Focal Point
- Reason and relate questions to help individuals with how to think and reason Biblically in this subject
- The Distinctives of a Biblical Classical Education (see our Distinctives here).
Q. HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
A. The Science and Art of Geology Bundle 1 course is over 8.5+ hours of online instruction. You will need to determine how much time to add to that for:
- Independent practice
- Filling out the notebook pages
- Individual family members as they paint along with the art-based video lessons
Q: WHAT ARE THE AGE RANGES FOR THIS COURSE?
A. Our lessons are designed with the whole family in mind. Many homeschooling families experience the joy of learning together. Our courses offer something for all ages to be able to participate in. And, just about everyone can learn something from the lessons!
Q. WHAT LESSON TOPICS ARE INCLUDED?
A. The Science and Art of Geology Bundle 1 includes the following topics:
- The Grand Prismatic Spring
- And Fluorescent Rocks
Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE $65 (OR SALE PRICE)?
A. The Science and Art of Geology for the Biblical Classical Community includes all of the following:
- 5 weeks of video-based lessons. That said, your family is free to work at the pace that works best for you.
- 4 lessons a week. However, you may extend any of the lessons for as many days as you’d like to choose.
- 2 bonus Biblical-Principle Approach lessons that cover Biblical reasoning in geology: 1. Foundations: Intro—Natural Law and Revealed Law; 2. Foundations: Intro—Geology and Communication (based on Romans 1:20).
- Printable notebook pages for both the science and the Biblical-Principle Approach video-based lessons.
- Printable coloring pages that double as tracing pages (to be used with graphite paper). These may be used by younger individuals or by those who feel better having something on their watercolor paper to help guide them.
- A printable supply list (with a list of student-grade materials that Heather Hall used for the art course).
- A printable Treasure Map of Success for each class for students to keep track of their progress in order to earn a certificate of completion for each class.
- A printable certificate for each class for parents to fill out and present to their students.
- Printable schedule of how long the videos are. This is so that mom or dad can figure out how to organize their homeschool day when including these lessons.
Q. WHEN WILL I GET ACCESS?
A. You will get immediate access after purchase as this is an online course.
Q. IS THERE A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?
A. The ability to download some materials of this course and have forever access during the life of this course makes this course non-refundable.
Q. DOES THE COURSE EXPIRE?
A. No, you have unlimited access to the course and you can work at your own pace, as long as it’s online.
Q. APPROXIMATE COST OF SUPPLIES THAT ARE NECESSARY?
A. While a printable supply list is given with what Heather Hall uses in the lessons, we always recommend that you work within your own budget. You have the liberty to choose what you want to purchase and use in your home for these lessons.
Q. IS THERE AN ONLINE COMMUNITY OPTION WITH LIKE-MINDED FAMILIES?
A. Yes! We have The Artisans Online Community option for like-minded Christian families who are looking for community.
No social media here! Instead, The Artists meet via our personal online community created just for the Biblical Classical Community.
- Community: Homeschool families can post into The Artists online community to share their progress on their lessons, to encourage each other, share ideas, etc.
- Art Presentations: Homeschool families meet on Zoom (through a private link) to present their individual final art projects, to encourage, and to share what they learned from the geology and art lessons.
- Tell friends about our courses and encourage them to join. This will help build our community of like-minded Christian homeschool families!
Q: What is the schedule for the live online art presentations?
A: The following is the 2022 schedule for the (optional) live online art presentations:
- May 13th
- June 17th
- July 22nd
- August 26th
- September 30th
- November 4th
- There are no live online presentations in October or December. But, families can still post pictures of their art in progress in the Artisans’ Group.
Meet Your Instructors!
The science sections of this course are taught by Patrick Nurre. Patrick was in the second grade when he made his first big fossil find – a large dinosaur bone in the alley behind his house! This was the beginning of a lifelong love of geology. Today, Patrick is a popular speaker on geology and worldview. He is a teacher and author, having written sixteen geology textbooks. In addition, he leads field trips, including his popular Yellowstone tour for families. Patrick’s ministry, Northwest Treasures, creates geology kits and curricula from a young-Earth perspective. He is a Certified Biblical Creation Ministry Professional.
And the art sections are taught by Heather Hall. Heather is a homeschool mom who has used the Principle Approach® in her homeschool for over 15 years. Learn more about Heather at her bio here.