This literature study, based on the book Trail Blazer of the Seas by Jean Lee Latham, is a selection rich in biblical principles. It is a catalyst for thinking deeply and building an intimate relationship with the past. Starting August 21st, each week’s lessons will be uploaded. Begin with an instructive video and assignment tailored to your child’s ability. I’ll tell you what you need to know and what you need to accomplish for that lesson, which is designed to take no more than two days. The goal is to complete two lessons a week taking 2-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes a day. The lesson routine will be: 1) watch the video, 2) read the chapter, and 3) complete the assignment or activity. Lessons go through November 10th with a week off for labor day and two weeks off at the beginning of October. The Goals of this study:
- Learn the shaping influences and Christian character of Matthew Maury.
- Appreciate the experiences Matthew Maury had to face and overcome.
- Discover fascinating facts about the ocean and navigation.
- Experience a connection with Matthew Maury’s joys and struggles.
- Be inspired by the contributions of Matthew Maury.
- Celebrate what you learned about the ocean (field trip, creative project, or festive party).
The benefits of this study:
- Spend time bonding with your children in a common experience.
- Learn new details about oceanography.
- Cultivating biblical reasoning.
- Build confidence in learning through the Notebook Method.
- Instill in your children the power of God’s Word in one’s life.